Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Open Letter

Dear God,

Remember me? It's been some time since we've spoken. To be honest, I don't recall the moment we drifted so far apart or why. But I know since I've lost sight of You, I've found it difficult to find my way back. Losing focus of You caused me to wander and drift and question so many things. I can't quite make out what I believe anymore. 

But lately, I miss You. I miss the stillness I had when You were in my life. I miss the confidence and calmness I had when I knew You were holding me. I miss the way I could relieve tension and anxiety just by being assured You were behind the wheel. 

I'm longing for that feeling again. Of knowing someone greater than myself has control, even when I lose it. I need to feel that love that only You can provide. There were times when that love was all I had. 

I know this is my fault. And I ask Your forgiveness as I stumble my way back into your life, if You'll have me. 

I've lost sight of the blessings in my life and only seem to focus on the negative. I've been holding onto grudges and pain and betrayal much more than I've been enjoying the love and laughs in life. I am broken in a way that only You can make right. In a way that only my faith in You and Your love for me can heal.  

I ask for Your patience as I make my way back to You. 

Sincerely,
Desperately Trying

No comments:

Post a Comment