Monday, July 2, 2012

I do. [but like...the other kind]

My lack of post is due to the craziness of entering into military life. A few weeks ago, we dear husband swore into the Air Force Reserves. 


After a year and a half battle trying to go AD & being tossed in every direction because of paperwork regarding the Marines, he was finally directed towards Reserves. It's not where he's going to stay, but it was the easiest & quickest way to get his foot in the door. And after waiting all this time, his window to leave is very short. So we are planning & packing & trying to get a million things in order.

Can I just say how proud I am of this man? Not only because of the service he's giving to our country, but because of the fight he had to fight just to serve his country! He never gave up to get this point, even when I threw my hands in the air in defeat. He never lost sight of his goal, even when everyone kept throwing another hoop for him to jump through. This was a defining moment in our marriage, and in our lives. 

And I'm proud to stand beside him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment